why choose us
Why Choose the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd?
Because we will do a great job for you! Period.
Here are some of the things that distinguish the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd from other Family Law Attorneys.
Choosing The Law Office of Jon R. Boyd offers numerous real advantages because:
We Truly Care about our clients’ well being and aggressively fights for their interests. Many lawyers become cynical over time and don’t really care about their clients. But not at the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd. We care about our clients’ lives, fortunes, and children. Mr. Boyd has a friendly, personable style, but whether in trial or settlement, his reputation is that you can count on him to relentlessly and skillfully fight on your behalf.
- We Provide Our Clients with a high level of personal service. We keep our clients promptly and completely informed. We often are hired by clients who started out with another law firm but who left their prior counsel because of this. At the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd., we are here to help you understand your very important legal matter, so we daily scan and email you any and all correspondence and legal documents going out of or coming into our office regarding your case. We also make sure your calls are promptly returned and emails immediately answered.
- We have more trial experience than most other lawyers. Mr. Boyd has almost 40 years experience handling well over a thousand contested family law cases involving a wide range of issues, in many different courts, against some of the best lawyers around. He has tried numerous jury trials and hundreds of non-jury trials has taken hundreds of depositions and has negotiated settlements in hundreds of mediations. This is in addition to the hundreds of uncontested matters he has handled. A lot of lawyers claim to handle family law, but they may only handle agreed matters and seldom if ever, go to trial. This is NOT our office.
- Is known and respected by and familiar with the Judges, lawyers and other professionals who will be involved in the case. Jon R. Boyd is well known by the judges and attorneys in N. Texas and is well respected for his abilities and reputation. This means lending instant credibility to you and your case. He also is familiar with most judges’ and other lawyers’ tendencies, which means he is able to better predict how your case may be affected.
- Knows the “unwritten rules” established by local Judges, along with their rules, policies, and practices. Many decisions are left to the Judge in his or her discretion. Judges are human– their own backgrounds, life experiences, and education bear on how a judge feels about certain issues. Knowing this can be a huge advantage.
- Gives honest, common sense advice and lets his clients choose from options available without trying to force them to pursue things or spend money unnecessarily. Mr. Boyd has been through a contested divorce, so he knows what it’s like and how to calmly guide you through the process. You always get prompt answers to your questions in easy to understand, everyday language. He also is a big believer in using common sense – he believes in explaining your options and letting you choose the course of action with which you’re most comfortable, financially and emotionally.
- Has developed a network of resources of related professionals for use as consultants or testifying experts to aid in the presentation of clients’ cases or rebuttal of other witnesses.
- Has had many personal experiences, including raising a special needs child, which help him relate to and have empathy with and compassion for your situation. As a divorced father who raised four children, including a special needs/autistic child, he not only relates to the legal complexities of divorce but the financial and emotional difficulties as well.
- Is there to personally represent you in court. At larger law firms, usually the senior lawyer with whom you met originally will assign an inexperienced, more junior lawyer to represent you in court. Not so with Law Office of Jon R. Boyd.. He will personally be there for you.
- Enjoys handling contested cases. Most divorce attorneys have caseloads that are mostly uncontested or agreed matters. Others are simply unwilling or unqualified to handle contested cases. Mr. Boyd enjoys trial work and handling mostly contested cases and takes on many cases from other lawyers once they learn it is contested.
- Offers flexible and transparent fee and payment arrangements with very competitive fees. We know finances get tight during divorces or other family law cases, and will help you as much as we can by offering you payment options such as lower than usual down payments, allowing you to pay as your case progresses, charging very competitive hourly rates and sometimes using a sliding scale for hourly fees, offering discounts to Veterans or members of Fathers for Equal Rights, offering flat fees for consulting for second opinions or assisting pro se’s, We also offer Flat Fee Packages upon request. We send bills regularly so you are not surprised and know what charges you are incurring.
- We are easily accessible, with abundant free parking, and we have a fully staffed office, including a highly experienced paralegal and other staff, located in Class A Office Buildings.. Boyd Family Law maintains two physical offices with staff to assist you; in Granbury, “behind Walmart” on Waters Edge; and in W. Plano, just west of the Park Place Lexus dealership and just south of Legacy. Many other solo attorneys and even some small firms work from their homes or don’t have the staff to assist. You will have an experienced paralegal to assist you.
- Hundreds of satisfied clients have raved about Jon R. Boyd over the years. See the Testimonial section for examples.
- We handle all types of family law issues which may affect your life, not just ‘divorce’.
What kinds of FAMILY LAW ISSUES does the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd handle?
Anything related to Family Law matters, including:
- Modification or Enforcement of prior orders
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Defense of Termination of Parental Rights
- Step Parent and other Adoptions
- Father’s Rights
- Grandparent Rights
- Marital or Pre-Marital Agreements
- Interstate Jurisdiction issues
- Common Law Marriage
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Defense of Attorney General actions
- Defense of CPS allegations of abuse or neglect
We also handle Probate Matters, including: Probating Wills, Dependent Administrations of Intestate Estates, Determination of Heirship, Small Estate Affidavits, etc.
Who Typically Hires the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd?
Men and women of all social strata and income levels hire us, from all cities and counties across Texas including:
In W. PLANO/DFW
Cities including: Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Prosper, Little Elm, The Colony, Lewisville, Denton, Richardson, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Dallas, Mid Cities, and Fort Worth. We also have many clients who employ Mr. Boyd to travel to other areas of Texas to represent them, so he has been to many rural counties and to most of the larger cities in Texas. Typically our clients (or their financial backers) are middle to upper middle to upper income folks who want and are willing to pay for quality, professional legal representation, but who want value for their money and don”t want to spend needlessly.
Cities including: Granbury, DeCordboa, Cresson, Toler, Cleburne, Glenrose, Stevenville, Weatherford, and Brenbrook. NOTE: because we have just opened my Granbury office, we are offering FREE consultations at our Granbury office through 2018!
Fathers and Husbands
Mr. Boyd has long been associated with Fathers For Equal Rights and works with many men to overcome the bias they face in many courts. We also help them be an involved father, But we often represent women too. Women like the fact that Mr. Boyd represents both genders and knows the legal strategies opposing attorneys will use.
We Are Easy To Talk To!
We can help you through this difficult time in your life. Just call (972)- 737- 8397 in DFW or 817-573-0000 in Granbury today, and Mr. Boyd and his seasoned staff will give you the benefit of our experience and knowledge to help you decide which course of action is best for you and your children.
See our FAQ page for the choices available to you when you consult with Jon R. Boyd. We look forward to hearing from you!