Dependent administrations of intestate estates

Dependent administrations of intestate estates

What if a person dies without a Will? Or leaves a Will but fails to properly appoint an Independent Executor?

In this case, a Dependent Administration is opened in Probate Court and the Judge officially determines the lawful heirs of the Estate and appoints a representative to handle the estate matters. This is when the probate process becomes more difficult and expensive because it generally means, with some exceptions, that the representative of the Estate then is completely dependent on obtaining the Judge’s permission for each step in the


the process of acting on behalf of the Estate. This becomes a trying period for the family, for, in the long run, somebody has to manage the assets and distribute them to the lawful heirs.

We can help you through this difficult time in your life. In Hood County, just call 817-573-0000. In Collin County and DFW, call 972-737-8397, and Mr. Boyd and his seasoned staff will give you the benefit of our experience and knowledge to take the best course of action.

Contact Form

Pay Your Invoice